Find a bench and dip down to work on your triceps and deltoids.
Pushups work Pec Major, Triceps and Deltoid.
Heel raises work on primarily your calf muscles. Try to keep your toe straight ahead in front of you and try not to stand to much on the outer portion of your foot.
What the ACSM says about resistance exercise:
- Adults should train each major muscle group two or three days each week using a variety of exercises and equipment.
- Very light or light intensity is best for older persons or previously sedentary adults starting exercise.
- Two to four sets of each exercise will help adults improve strength and power.
- For each exercise, 8-12 repetitions improve strength and power, 10-15 repetitions improve strength in middle-age and older persons starting exercise, and 15-20 repetitions improve muscular endurance.
- Adults should wait at least 48 hours between resistance training sessions. (ACSM, 2011)
Check out Park Playdate Workout- Part 1
As always, check out the disclaimer at the top of my page.
“ACSM Releases New Recommendations on Quantity and Quality of Exercise”. (2011). Retrieved from http://www.acsm.org/about-acsm/media-room/news-releases/2011/08/01/acsm-issues-new-recommendations-on-quantity-and-quality-of-exercise